Wednesday Write-in #28 @ CAKE.shortandsweet
Prompts: farewell :: pocketful :: feeding :: thief :: maroon
THREE DAYS REMOVED
June 8, 2000
I have marooned myself with limited provisions. Tobacco and papers, yes. Some vegetables and bread.
I stole what I have.
I made no farewells.
I’ve a pocketful of regret already.
June 9, 2000
I sharpened my paring knife before breakfast.
- Slice 1 avocado in a circular motion until halved. Remove seed. Extract pulp. Discard skin. Set aside.
- Place two crumpets face down in toaster. Toast for two minutes.
- Slice 1 tomato. Discard stem end. Eat non-stem end with salt.
- Remove crumpets from toaster and apply thin layer of mayonnaise to each.
- Slice avocado pulp lengthwise and layer onto crumpets.
- Place tomato slices on top of avocado.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
I went back to sleep without coffee.
June 10, 2000
I put my favorite Beres Hammond vinyl onto the record player and pressed play and then opened the curtains near the far chair for light.
I rolled a cigarette.
I had never rolled my own cigarette before.
It tasted good.
The smoke was slow and blue in the morning light.
I considered returning to the world.